Course duration: 2 months
Course fee: $400
Havron members: Discount of $50
Who is this course ideal for?
The course would be open to:
• Applicants currently engaged in public health related activities
• Applicants with graduate/post-graduate qualifications, and working within procurement and supply chain management, healthcare administration or pharmaceutical functions
• Candidates with relevant work experience in public health with governmental and/or health related organizations/ NGOs would be preferred.
How this course empowers you:
• Opportunities with leading organizations (UN organisations and MoHs)
• On-demand mentorship On PSCM subjects related to Public Health
• Holistic understanding of supply chain - Empower Yourself for Global Health Leadership
Through this course the students will develop a basic understanding of health commodities, review how the list of products on the national treatment guidelines is arrived at including the process, persons involved, key strengths and gaps. A detailed understanding of the essential medicines concept will be explored.
This programme provides a general overview of the reasons for undertaking good medicine selection, its aims to make the professionals be aware of the International Non-propriety Names and be able to explain and defend the concept, explains the difference between essential medicine lists and other medicine lists, importance of Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical system of therapeutic classification.
• Introduction to Selection of Health Commodities
• Chapter 1 - The Essential Medicines Concept
• Chapter 2 - Selection Criteria for Health Commodities
• Chapter 3 - International Non-proprietary (Generic) Names
• Chapter 4 - Essential Medicines List
• Chapter 5 - Treatment Guidelines & Formulary Manuals
• Chapter 6 - Therapeutic Classification System
• Chapter 7 - What works in product selection
• Course language - English
• The course is broken into 7 chapters and 1 final assessment to qualify for a Certificate
• Pre-recorded lectures (chapter wise), case studies, quizzes and self-learning materials
• e-mail tutorial support and group discussion through web based system
Evaluation and assessment:
Students will be evaluated throughout the tenure of course with multiple choice questions.