This course is from Empower School of Health, Switzerland
Course fee: $400
Havron members: Discount of $50
Please note that the converted Naira equivalent fees are based on N386/USD plus bank charges. Exchange rates are subject to fluctuation.
Who is this course ideal for?
The course would be open to:
• Applicants currently engaged in public health related activities
• Applicants with graduate/post-graduate qualifications, and working within procurement and supply chain management, healthcare administration or pharmaceutical functions
• Candidates with relevant work experience in public health with governmental and/or health related organizations/ NGOs would be preferred.
How this course empowers you
• Opportunities with leading organizations (UN organisations and MoHs)
• On-demand mentorship On PSCM subjects related to Public Health
• Holistic understanding of supply chain - Empower Yourself for Global Health Leadership.
The Certificate programme enables the students to understand the processes, personnel and standards applied as well as country capacity to carry out effective procurement by focusing on principles of good procurement practice, writing of procurement plans and types of procurement methods.
This course is developed to get you acquainted with all the steps involved in a typical global health procurement life-cycle and get insights into the activities and intricacies entailed in each step of the procurement cycle. It provides a better understanding of the fundamentals of market supply and demand, pharmaceutical market pricing and its impact on global health procurement; ability to recognize the key components that ensure efficient procurement management, and comprehend the need and methodology for undertaking assessment of a country procurement system.
• Introduction - Procurement Cycle
• Chapter 1 - Factors Influencing Prices
• Chapter 2 - Procurement Methods
• Chapter 3 - Good Pharmaceutical Procurement
• Chapter 4 - Supplier selection methodology
• Chapter 5 - Procurement Management
• Chapter 6 - Financial Sustainability
• Chapter 7 - Procurement Assessment
• Course language - English
• The course is broken into 7 chapters and 1 final assessment to qualify for a Certificate
• Pre-recorded lectures (chapter wise), case studies, quizzes and self-learning materials
• e-mail tutorial support and group discussion through web based system.
Evaluation and assessment
Students will be evaluated throughout the tenure of course with multiple choice questions.